Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Domů » Česky » Kerio Connect » Groupware that syncs smoothly with smartphone?
  •  
JesseVoss je nyní offline JesseVoss

Odeslat poštu tomuto uživateli
Hi,

I'm a couple of months away from replacing my trusty old Nokia N95 8GB phone, and already the "convergence anxiety" is on. That is to say, Dare I dream that I'll be able to find a phone and groupware-suite combo that'll seamlessly sync the PIM data I need?

On my current setup, that dream is only partially realised. I use the native sync app on the N95 (not that there's ever been an alternative on offer that I've seen), syncing with my Gentoo server running horde-3.3.11 and friends. There's no sync of email: a dovecot IMAP/postfix SMTP setup on the server is used by both horde and the phone. Calendar is the only sync component that really works, and that only in server->phone direction reliably. Contacts sync has never played nice: the contacts DB is in openldap, which was originally so Thunderbird could access it, and I wrote my own mapping so horde could also use it but I didn't do a great job there as it usually breaks when trying to save a contact in any of the indirect ways in horde (e.g. saving the From: address to a contact when reading an email in (d)imp) and sync has been a non-starter despite much tinkering.

So, can I hope for better? I'm not married to Horde, although there's plenty I like about it, and I'd happily enough abandon openldap too. I think a good reliable sync of contacts and calendar would be my main criterion in choosing a phone. Nice extras would be files and bookmarks, but these I can probably sort out separately if at all. I'd prefer not to use any non-self-hosted solutions (cloud-based things) but I'm open to it if it guarantees security, costs little/nothing and is reliable. So, does anyone have any working Gentoo+phone setups that actually work for this? I'd love to hear about it, or anything that might be an improvement.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7033516.html?sid=5c7ff 15226477fb2962f5c34720154d5
Motion graphics video animation service

Thanks

Předchozí téma: Forms on websites
Další téma: Outlook a not spam
Jít na fórum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Aktuální čas: Ne kvě 27 17:36:04 CEST 2018

Celkový čas potřebný k vygenerování této stránky: 1.09285 vteřin
.:: Kontakt :: Domů ::.
Běží na: FUDforum 3.0.4.